Thursday, August 19, 2010

"Is it real?" viral of the now.



I'm not a big fan of the "Is it real?" viral genre, even though I've dabbled in it myself. Here's a good exception for Yellow Pages out of England. It's unexpected and actually communicates a new, real selling point. Dare I say it's really an ad posing as a viral.

Kudos to the creatives behind this, whoever they are. Especially since, and here comes the opportunistic self-promotion, I came up with a viral idea while working on a business pitch for R.H. Donnelley (one of the largest Yellow Pages publishers) a couple of years ago.

Their new books for Chicago and Tampa were much thicker than their competitors, which meant more listings. Our viral idea was to demonstrate just how fat these books were by having people use them as body armor while being shot at. The idea was shot down instantly.

3 say something:

Anonymous

At least it's not dog poop coming through the letterbox.

Anonymous

Agreed. One of the more conceptual virals, even if it isn't produced that well.

Anonymous

Dog poop? I think someone's having a dig, God Poop. Or have I completely misunderstood the reason behind the name?

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP