Friday, October 1, 2010

Do your parents know what you do?

I've long suspected that my parents don't really have a clue as to what it is that I've actually been doing all these years in advertising.

My suspicions arise from my mother's insistence that I'm somehow involved in show business, while my father thinks I'm a tool for the corporate state. Okay, so maybe my father's figured me out.

But to this day I'm still not sure they truly understand what advertising or rather what the creative process behind advertising is really all about. And needless to say it has been a source of major frustration.

At least now I know I'm not the only one who has been suffering. A new, charming documentary series called "How to explain it to my parents" explores this frustrating world of clueless parents and their very non-conventionally creative off-spring.


How to explain it to my parents - Bart Julius Peters from Lernert & Sander on Vimeo.

Kudos to the directing/artistic team of Lernert & Sander. And looking forward to their follow-up, "How to explain dressing up in women's underwear to my wife."


(Sharing credit to brainpickings.org)

0 say something:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP