Thursday, November 5, 2009

Further reflections on celebrity advertising.

Rants are like a good dump. They are necessary to ease the system, but you can't do much with them after wards. So in an effort to be constructive, let me follow up my last post by sharing one of my favorite commercials that happens to feature celebrities. In fact I would go so far as to say the celebrities help make it the entertaining story it is. So thank you, Harry Dean Stanton, Juliette Lewis and Traci Lords, yes that Traci Lords.



Notice that they aren't being themselves, they are playing roles. The idea isn't about them, rather they are the vessels through which a great idea is conveyed, just like in film.

This is what I call branded entertainment. It is probably the one form of advertising where the use of celebrities, specifically top tier acting talent can be crucial. Remember BMW Films from a few years ago. One wonders how compelling they would have been without Clive Owen.

There I've said my peace.

0 say something:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP