Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Black history month.

In 2007 a scrawny kid from the wrong side of East Saint Louis followed in the giant footsteps of Hiram Revels, Jackie Robinson and Guion S. Bluford Jr to break a color barrier. His name was Rucker and he became the first African American to graduate from Camp Exposure, the oldest training academy for streaking.

Since then Rucker has successfully gone on to streak Busch Stadium on "St Louis Cardinals Old Timer's Day",  as well as a series of pick-up basketball games all across the country. In celebration of Black History Month, here is an excerpt from the most recent interview given by Rucker in December 2009 in Orlando, Florida. In it he candidly talks about the difficultly of being the "Jackie Robinson" of streakers.


POLICE SERGEANT DARRYL CROWLEY: Do you know why you were arrested?

Rucker: Because I'm a black man living in America.

CROWLEY: You were running naked on a private golf course.

Rucker: Just exercising my first amendment rights, you know freedom of expression.

CROWLEY: I can put you away for two counts of public indecency and trespassing.

Rucker: My aunt is a member of the Bay Hill Club.

CROWLEY: Why were you exposing yourself?

Rucker: I'm training.

CROWLEY: Training for what?

Rucker: The PGA tour.

CROWLEY: Do you usually train naked?

Rucker: If I was white we wouldn't be here right now.

CROWLEY: If you were Phil Mickelson and I caught you swinging your dick around instead of your clubs you'd be here, trust me.


Rucker: I'm a professional streaker. I'm training for the Masters. 

CROWLEY: I've never seen a black streaker before.

Rucker: Well I guess it shows how far we still have to go as a country.

CROWLEY: You realize it's illegal to streak.

Rucker: Where's my lawyer?

CROWLEY: Says here you're a Muslim.

Rucker: So I'm now a terrorist? 

CROWLEY: I thought Muslims didn't like exposing themselves.

Rucker: I'm not saying anything more without my lawyer.

Rucker pleaded guilty to a single count of public indecency. He is currently living with his aunt in Orlando under house arrest.

6 say something:

Anonymous

Racist swine.

Anonymous

Hilarious.

Anonymous

You're the racist swine.

Anonymous

No you're the racist swine.

Anonymous

Can't we all just get along....lol

Anonymous

You're still a racist swine.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP