Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Civilizing the subway.


I have to confess, I'm not totally sure what to make of this guerilla campaign by artist Jay Shells. I mean I really appreciate his idea of trying to bring civility to the New York Subway. Riding the trains can certainly test your faith in your fellow man. And no doubt Letitia Baldrige would approve.

And yet despite Jay's subtle use of wit I find it a little too heavy-handed for my sensibilities, like you're being reprimanded by an employer for not washing your hands after using the bathroom. Or being scolded by a zoo attendant for feeding an animal. And by the way asshole attendant it was only a piece of beef jerky and the walrus seemed to really enjoy it.

Personally I go by cab. Even if the occasional cab driver picks his nose.


(Sharing credit to brainpickings)

1 say something:

Anonymous

I totally disagree. If people behave in an uncouth manner they should be called out on it. Bravo to Jay Shells! And screw you godpoop.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP