Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Solving the recommendation chore.

In these tough times with so many qualified candidates fighting for so few jobs, recommendations may provide that added spark to seal the deal. However, as has been pointed out to me, writing a stand-out recommendation on behalf of a friend, ally or work-mate is a pain in the ass. Maybe not as bad as doing the vacuuming, but still an unwelcome chore.

Sure, you'll probably labor through it out of sense of obligation, perhaps even mutual self-interest, but it still requires time and effort that could be spent on something far more valuable, e.g. smoking, drinking, looking at videos of cats playing in a bathtub of water.

For the really unmotivated, I'm currently working with some sharp minds to create a website, tentatively called "The Recommendation Generator". It will feature a catalog of recommendation templates for users to play with. e.g. haiku recommendations; recommendations from famous historical figures; recommendations from movie characters; recommendations that rhyme. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, here is sample recommendation template that will be sure to add heaps of attractiveness to any candidate. Just cut and paste, fill in the name and title of the interested party and incorporate into appropriate professional social media sites like Linkedin.


It's true that _____________ slept with my wife. Twice. And I have spent many an idle day wishing he roast in hell for eternity. But he is the most outstanding __________ I have ever known. It pains me to heap praise on him given what a complete bastard he is, but brilliance like his cannot be bypassed. It has to be commended. 
To begin with, ______________ has a clinical ability to clearly identify and isolate the marketing problem at hand. Much like he was clinically able to isolate my wife from her clothing. Twice. 
His gift for creating powerful, inspiring, solutions is equally impressive. The large box overflowing with industry awards is a proud testament. I just wish it didn't include my wife's underwear. Both pairs. 
It is probably his persuasive presentation and selling skills that leave one most in awe. The number of hard-nosed clients who became putty in his hands is too numerous to mention. It is just unfortunate that my wife had to be one of them. How he was able to persuade me that she only slept with him because she loves me so much I'll never know. But he did it. 
So in summary. __________is a total bastard.  But without doubt he is the most remarkable _________ I have ever come into contact with. I couldn't recommend him any more forcefully. 


1 say something:

Anonymous

That is one adorable cat…

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP