Thursday, June 10, 2010

Grrrrr.

A few months ago (March) I pro-actived a branded-entertainment idea to support ESPN's coverage of the World Cup.

It involved creating a web-based reality series, where one fan from each of the 32 teams competing in the World Cup would live in a house for the duration of the tournament. The kicker being, as their team is eliminated so are they.

I shopped it around to various agencies relevant to ESPN without any takers. Just as well. For while I was the initial phase of formulating said idea, Budweiser was already in the middle of producing it. And instantly I went from genius creative with uniquely original idea to copycat hack.

So kudos to Budweiser and DDB/Chicago for a great idea. At least I don't have to say, "I really wish I thought of that."

2 say something:

Anonymous

Once again you've shown your nauseatingly crass tendency to self-promote on the back of others. I'd tell you to stop, but it's clearly a pathology at this stage. GET SOME HELP.

Anonymous

Nice idea.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP